Monday, August 29, 2011

Summary

Here's another bullet post just to summarize more of our trip so far:

  • We made delicious Indian food - Pav Bhaji one evening.
  • Michael has found good deals on a couple pairs of shoes at Mast General so that his feet will be well supported during our upcoming venture.
  • My brother was introduced to Krystal Burgers and "Little Chicks"
  • We spent a day on a cattle farm.
  • God provided us with cash money at just the perfect time so that we could apply for our visas.
  • God also orchestrated visa timing perfectly and allowed us to skip the interview process
  • We were robbed/conned in an Atlanta parking garage.
  • I was in a minor car accident (those of us in the car were rear-ended, no one was hurt - just a bit of back and neck pain)
  • We ate delicious, homemade Thai food.
  • We ate at a fantastic Indian buffet yesterday after church.
  • Today, I went for a run with Michael and have a lot of endurance building to do before I can handle hills like he can. 
The good-byes have begun and I don't like them.  I'm excited for the journey ahead and am grateful for God's confirmation as we move forward, but it's sad and hard to leave.  Prayers for safety, peace, rest, and joy are much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment