Wednesday, August 22, 2012

We're Back!

After months of posting nothing, I'm back.
I'm back electronically (on this blog) as well as physically (in Korea).

That's right.  We're back in Korea.

Back in May or June, as the time to leave Korea crept closer and closer, Michael and I both began experiencing second thoughts.  We talked to our boss, got the okay to stay, spent 6 weeks in the States for our summer vacation, and headed back to SoKo!

We had an awesome summer visiting family, swimming, grilling out, going to the zoo, out for meals, shopping, driving, etc...

And I've gotta admit, when we first landed in Incheon airport upon returning to Korea I did not want to be here.  We were riding the bus to get back to our city and I was looking out the window and wishing that I was not in Korea.

My view from the bus after arriving in Korea.


That feeling lasted for a couple days.  I think, more than anything, those feelings were prompted by the sadness of having to say goodbye to all of out loved ones on the other side of the world.  (That part is NEVER fun)

Now we've been back in Korea for about 5 weeks and I love it.

A few days after landing, camp began.  We taught high school students for 3 weeks and we both loved it.  We worked terribly long hours (about 8:30am until around 8:00pm plus prep) but our students made it great.  On the final day of camp, everyone was crying.  Students, teachers, counselors.  It was a tiring 3 weeks but it was a good 3 weeks.

Now Michael has started teaching at an actual high school 3 mornings a week.  He's enjoying that so far.  Also, our university semester will start in a couple weeks.

So, despite a rough landing, it's all good now.  We are making more friends, have good students, good jobs, and life is good here in Korea.


No comments:

Post a Comment