Today is the second day of our final week of our third and final semester in Korea.
We've been here for a year and a half now. It's been good in so many ways. And it's also been difficult.
It's difficult to be a foreigner in a country where it's impossible to blend in. Where the language is so amazingly difficult and complex. Where so much time and energy is put into appearances. And where tradition, age, and cultural camaraderie are vastly important.
However, I would never undo the last year and a half. It's been pivotal in my (and Michael's) life. I've learned so much. God has brought me out of so much darkness. Darkness and fear that I have told few people about. But that was very real and very binding to me.
Praise God that He brought us here. Praise God that He delivered me. There were times when I thought I would never be "normal" again. Times where I felt like I was a prisoner of my own life.
I went to 3 counselors in America over the span of 2-3 years. I spoke to wise people who I respected. I cried out for help. I just wanted to be okay.
God listened. He brought us to Korea.
I am convinced that [one reason] God brought us to Korea was to get me so far from myself and the root of my fear that I could be delivered from that which held me captive for so long. It didn't go away over night. But it went away.
It went away.
I left America fearful, depressed, and crippled.
I will leave Korea strong, joyful, and healed.
Praise God. Praise God.
Hey!! I nominated you for the Liebster award. : ) It's silly but fun! If you wanna pass it along check out my blog.. i have you linked and details on my La-La-La-Liebster post. Ha. : ) - Anne VDW @ Deep Roots (http://deeprootsfood.blogspot.com)
ReplyDelete