We've spent a long period of time waiting to begin posting on this blog again. I (Michael) have wanted to do it but I kept putting it off because I wanted a good answer as to why we left a gaping hole in the small saga of our family journey. If you have kept up with us, you know we've been to China (and come back) and have had a son in the span of time since our last post. It's mildly embarrassing that it's been so long.
All that said, we want to give you a snap shot of our time in China, because it was such a rich part of our lives and we'd love you to celebrate those things with us. Stay posted for that.
In the meantime, here's the upshot:
We went to China and taught in a university for a year and a half. Incredible, hilarious, and embarrassing things happened. We kind of became the people we are today through that transformative journey.
We came back, and our amazing baby boy was born. He's grown so fast and I am continually awestruck by the things he is able to teach us as he develops further into the joyful, bright person that he already is.
I am now enrolled at Trinity School for Ministry in Pennsylvania where I am pursuing a Master of Divinity degree, with the hope that ordained ministry lies ahead for us (feel free to learn more about that and get a souvenir of your time here).
Here we will try to be faithful for all who are curious, and share what it's like for us as a family trusting the will and provision of the Father in this new chapter of our lives.
Come along for the ride, but just don't expect cake (more on why that should be funny to come in a later post...)
-Michael

No comments:
Post a Comment