Well, it's 2012! It was a bit amusing to be in a different year than the western part of the world for a few hours. New Years eve, Michael and I spent by going on an early evening date. Michael worked for most of the day on Saturday (as well as all week) so he was pretty tired by the time New Year's eve rolled around. We went out for sam gyup sal (meat that you cook yourself over a burner at your own table). Here's a picture of the meat as Michael cooked it. As well as a few other pictures of all the goodies that eat with it. :)
 |
| pork |
 |
| bean sprouts and onions |
 |
sauce and a powdery spice (not sure what it is though)
also pictured: wrapped chopsticks and a rolled, moist towel |
After dinner, we wandered over to Starbucks where Michael decided to forgo his typical Americano and get something a little more festive for New Year's. He got a Caramel Macchiato and I went for the White Chocolate Mocha.
 |
| We had some fun with the webcam and Photobooth on Michael's Mac while we sat at Starbucks |
Michael's been working all week and I haven't, so I've been spending a good bit of time in the house and it has forced me to figure out how to make that time the most productive and beneficial. I've done some cleaning but more than that, I've been able to spend a lot of time with God and re-evaluate my relationship with Him. It's been neat because this week, in the USA, Passion 2012 is happening. They stream sessions and worship times online, so today, I have been able to watch some of that. I watched Francis Chan speak this morning and I also saw most of Beth Moore's message. They were both really good messages. I believe God is going to do some big things this year and I'm excited to be able to be apart of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment