Thursday, March 15, 2012

Overdue Update

Okay, so it's been a while...

Over two months actually.  I have a couple of excuses for this.

The first one is:  We were incredibly busy for the month of January.  We worked long days and barely had enough time to plan for the next day each evening.

The second excuse is:  We spent the month of February in China with very limited Internet access.

Since we have been back from China since the beginning of March, I have no excuses for the past two weeks.  Just laziness I suppose.

We had a great time in China.  We took lots of pictures, met lots of nice people, and ate lots of good food!

We started teaching again this week.  It's good to get back into some kind of routine (since we haven't had much of one for the past couple of weeks).  It's also nice to still have our days free so that we can do whatever we want or whatever we need to do during that time.  Many of you know that we are planning to move back to the States this summer.  Because of that, we've started packing up a couple of boxes to mail back so that we won't have to carry everything in our luggage.

I'm so excited to be moving back.  It's been a good experience to be here and I'm glad we came but, I think that we are both ready to get back to the States and see what God's got in store for us there.  We both feel that this next move will be more long term than anywhere we have lived so far and I know I'm looking forward to that.

It's definitely a leap of faith to go back to the US since neither of us have jobs, we don't have an apartment, a car, and we won't have insurance right away.  However, we feel that God has given us the option to do this, so we are just trusting Him to provide in every way.

Michael has started a program called Texas Teachers.  He's doing online courses with them and will take a test when we get back to the US that will allow him to get a probationary teaching license for a year.  After he teaches for one year, he will be able to apply for a full teaching license.

So we'll see what happens!  We would definitely appreciate all of your prayers as we prepare for the move over the next few months and for our lives once we are back on American soil!

No comments:

Post a Comment