Michael and I just got back from visiting Leigh Margaret. Her birthday was last weekend and mine is tomorrow so we had a bit of a birthday weekend bash.
Michael and I hopped a bus at 10am yesterday morning and got to Leigh Margaret's city around noon. We grabbed some sushi for lunch (I've missed it since I've been here... Kimbop just isn't quite the same...) Then we pretty much shopped til we dropped yesterday afternoon. Michael and I came to Korea with one suitcase each and many of those clothes are starting to wear out. It was so much fun shopping to replenish my wardrobe! We had a nice break in the afternoon, sitting at Starbucks for a bit and then did a bit more shopping. Yesterday evening we ate at a Nepalese restaurant which is pretty similar to Indian food. It was so good.
Last night we vegged out at LM's apartment. Michael and Leigh Margaret spent some time writing their novels for NaNoWriMo while I mindlessly watched a couple different TV shows.
This morning, we had a bit of a slow morning. I made Cake Batter and Sprinkle Bark (for our birthdays) from a recipe that I found via Pinterest. It turned out pretty well. I left it with Leigh Margaret for her to eat though.
After we were all ready for the day, we bought our bus tickets back, in advance, and then went out to a Vietnamese Cuisine restaurant. I had some sort of spicy, creamy, seafood noodles that were pretty tasty. I even tried my first bit of octopus because it was in my dish and LM and Michael talked me into trying it. I ate it with a mouthful of noodles as well but it was pretty chewy and I didn't notice much flavor. The thought of it was a bit for me to handle though.
Anyway, then we ventured to Starbucks again and did a bit more shopping and went to Baskin Robbins for a mid afternoon treat. THEN, Leigh Margaret suggested that we go to the arcade. So we did. Michael and LM played an interesting game and then I found the air hockey table. It's been forever since I've played air hockey but I used to love it. So, LM and I played a round of that. And, finally, we spent who-knows-how-much-money on an intriguing game that involved killing sharks, mummies, space ships, and various enemies on various levels. It was a two person game and, each time one player would die, we would insert another 500 won (a bit less than $0.50) to revive the person and keep playing. We completed the game only to find out that it doesn't seem to be possible to pass the game. It was a good time.
Then, alas, the trip came to an end at 7:10pm this evening when it was time to head back. But now we are back and about to chow down on some Domino's pizza while relaxing a bit before bed.
It's been such a great birthday weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment