Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sunday morning blues

Well, when I tell you what I'm doing, I may sound awfully pitiful to you but, I might as well risk it.

I just got done with a good cry and now I'm sitting on my bed, eating leftover pizza, listening to Christmas music, and feeling sorry for myself.

Today is the beginning of Thanksgiving week.  Because of that, I'm already processing the fact that, for me, Thursday will just be another working day.  Michael and I will not be seeing family (except for possibly on Skype; what a great invention!), we will not be eating turkey, and we will not enjoy Miracle on 34th Street while eating Thanksgiving leftovers.  This is my first Thanksgiving in 23 years to not celebrate Thanksgiving - let alone, be without with my family.

Buh.

I'm not sure how I feel about traditions changing as I get older.

I'm a pretty sentimental person and this is probably my favorite time of year.  So, you put those two things together and you get a fairly emotional person right now.

Michael has been great about it and is determined to make the holidays special this year.  I'm so grateful for his understanding and empathy during my emotional meltdowns.

I know we are where God wants us but sometimes it's just a hard place to be.

1 comment:

  1. Awww I wanted to cry too after reading this one. You are blessed to have an understanding husband. You guys are young and now you can create your own traditions :-) Think of all the stories you will have to share with your kids or grandkids one day. Yes and thankful for the technology we have today to keep in touch with loved ones, even though I know it isn't quite the same. Hang in there, you all are making a significant impact in others lives. === Tara

    ReplyDelete