Tuesday, November 8, 2011

miscellaneous thoughts and words

I'm not exactly sure the extent of what this post will hold, but I figured I would update anyone who is curious about the happenings of our lives.

Since we have been here, Michael has had a desk in one of the rooms in our apartment; however, it wasn't until recently that I realized the beauty of having said work space.  I sat at Michael's desk one afternoon, messing around on the computer and discovered how nice it is to have a desk in a solitary room.  We have three bedrooms in our apartment and too much furniture that came with the apartment so to create another work space for me, all we had to do was go to our "storage room" and pull one out!

So now, as I write, I'm sitting at my desk on which I have a couple cards posted that we received from the States, my Bible, open to Psalm 25, "...for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long."  (v. 5b), Vitamin water, regular water, and those other miscellaneous odds and ends that tend to find their way to any available surface.

Well, today might be the day that we receive cell phones!  A fellow teacher has been kind enough to help us with the cell phone process.  He found and bought 2 online so now we are just waiting for them to arrive in the mail and then we'll get them all hooked up!  Though it hasn't been a major inconvenience to not have cell phones for the last 2+ months, it will be nice to have that luxury again.  This way we will be able to get in touch with others via a phone call or texting instead of Facebook or email.  We will also be able to order dinner ourselves if we don't feel like cooking.

It's been a rather dreary day today - which I'm actually grateful for.  Sometimes, I guess, I just get tired of too much sun and blue sky.  A cool, cloudy day is necessary sometimes.

Our friends gave us an artificial Christmas tree to use this year.  I think I'm going to try to hold off until at least the day after Thanksgiving to put it up.  I also think that this might be the first year in my entire life to have an artificial Christmas tree.  I'm very thankful to have one at all but I will miss the smell of a real one.

Anyway, that is a lot of random rambling.  I hope you were able to make sense of it all.

Please keep us in your prayers as we strive to live in the hear and now, doing what God wants us to do now, as we also try to keep an open heart and mind about what His next step is for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment