Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving celebrated

So we had our Thanksgiving meal at church today.  It was great.  We're very blessed with an awesome church body here in Korea.  Everyone pitched in and we had a pretty typical Thanksgiving meal which included:  turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, sweet potato casserole, candied yams, chicken, green beans and carrots, salad, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, apple pie.  It was pretty delicious.  I think it's just what I needed.  :)

Danielle made Snickerdoodles last night and was kind enough to share.  I think (besides crunchy store bought cookies) these might be the first cookies that I've had since coming to Korea!

We watched Enchanted last night.  I'd never seen it before.  Not too bad.  It was a nice, happy, fairy tale movie.  :)

Guess the sweet potato casserole was okay afterall.  I actually liked it.   It was a bit different than usual, but still good!

The first clementines we've bought this year!  We bought them from a vendor on the way back from Thanksgiving lunch at church.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Clementines! I don't know why I didn't know you and your husband are now in Korea. Our oldest son, Glenn, lived there for a year and he enjoyed it, although it was hard being away from his family.

    ReplyDelete