Friday, September 9, 2011

Holiday weekend

So this weekend is Chuseok here in Korea.  I'm told that it's like Korea's Thanksgiving.

We have finished our first week teaching.  As well as our first week living here.

Last night Michael and I went out with our friend's, Stephen and Danielle, for dinner.  We had delicious pork cooked over a fire, in the middle of our table.

This morning we slept late and had bananas and then nutella on toast for breakfast while watching Korean cartoons (which we're still watching).

It's a pretty overcast and kind of rainy day due to a typhoon nearby.  I'm not sure that it will hit here but, we're at least getting rain from it.

This weekend we may do a bit of shopping, we may go to the sauna, and Leigh Margaret is planning to come visit for a day or two.

We are getting more and more comfortable here.  We do get stared at a lot when we go out and we can barely communicate sometimes, but we're starting to get used to it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment