Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Relaxation and Moving

Less than two months.  It will be less than two months until we set foot on American soil again.  As we get closer to leaving Korea, the more I want to make sure that we haven't missed anything while we're here.  But, at the same time, I also don't want to do anything.

As I am writing this, Michael and I are sitting on our balcony, enjoying the beautiful April weather and a relaxing day.  So, as much as I want to make sure we don't miss anything, I also don't really want to stop sitting on our porch.  Maybe it would a shame to miss this.  Yes, there is a lot of culture here that we will not be surrounded by when we move but, maybe there won't be this type of solitude anymore either.

I guess that there is a difference between being the sluggard that Proverbs talks about and "being still" as we are also urged to be.  The challenge is to find that line.  Where is the relaxation that is good verses the relaxation that is bad?

Some things that I will miss about Korea:
Part time job with full time pay and benefits.
Free housing.
Cheap medical care.
Public transportation that is cheap and effective.
How few expenses we have.
Cherry blossoms in springtime.
How presentable everyone looks when going into public.
Being able to spend unlimited amounts of time with Michael since we work the same schedule.

Some things that I will not miss about Korea:
Bad, bad smells that emerge from any drain at any time.
Feeling like everywhere I go, I am critiqued.
Living in a dormitory.
Having a very small refrigerator and a 2 burner, glass stove top.
Not being able to sew or bake.
The stress that often comes with shopping.
Being far from family.
Feeling isolated.

Perhaps I will add to the list as I think of more.  But, for now, here are some pictures from mine and Michael's date last night as well as the photo of the day.






Michael's terrible letters
                      
                              My handsome husband
The board at the end of the game.  Michael won.


 Now, the photo of the day:

#17 Something You Don't Like
Our couch-bed.  We don't have a couch, just an extra twin size bed that we use for a "couch" in our living room.
This is also something that neither of us will miss about Korea.

No comments:

Post a Comment