Sunday, April 29, 2012

Weekend

Sorry I've been MIA for the past few days.  Not really sure why that's been the case.  I guess we've just been keeping a bit busy.  Yesterday we spent some of the day scrounging for food to eat (since we still hadn't been grocery shopping since our attempt last Sunday), doing a little shopping, grading exams, and then scrounging for food again.

This is what we found for dinner last night.  Grilled chicken sandwiches, french fries, and cider (cider is pretty much just like 7 Up)
Then today we went to church, had lunch at the church afterwards, and finally went grocery shopping.  After a long bus ride, we got back to the apartment and put away groceries.  Then Michael was a good student and worked on some of his teacher's program while I vegged out with What Not to Wear.  (so nice to have discovered full length episodes on YouTube)

Since Michael's birthday is tomorrow and we've been eating out so much and we got groceries today, I wanted to make something really good for dinner.  After perusing the Internet for inspiration, I ended up making bean and chicken burritos.  They were awesome (even if I do say so myself).

The picture doesn't really do them justice.  It was difficult to get a good picture of the burritos but they were quite good even if not very photogenic.
We made a banana milkshake to follow the dinner.  I don't have a picture of it but I'm not sure that the shake would have been any more photogenic than the burritos anyway.

So there you have it.  That was our weekend in a nutshell.

The following 3 pictures are from our walk to catch a taxi to get to church today.  The 2 pictures after that are photo a day pics from today and yesterday.






April 28: 1pm
I actually forgot to take the picture until it was after 1pm yesterday, so this picture is from 1pm on April 29.  This is where we were at 1pm today.  (Leaving church and walking to the grocery store)

April 29: Circle
Since Michael's birthday is tomorrow, he was given this ribbon to wear at church today.

No comments:

Post a Comment